What To Wear To A Photo Session
Not sure what to wear to a photo session? Here are some tips lined up by season to get some ideas rolling. Feel free to email me with any other questions you may have at email@example.com.
The birds are chirping, the buds are blooming, and the snow has officially melted. That means it’s time for your spring family session. Here are a few wardrobe tips to ensure the whole gang looks smashing:
- Play up the fact that it’s spring. Have a necklace with a butterfly pendant? Perfect! An insect-printed tee? Yes, please.
- Channel the colors of spring. Seriously – look out the window for inspiration for your family’s color palette. Greens, pinks, yellows, beige, khaki, and blues all work exceptionally well.
- Layer up! Spring can be both warm and cold at once, so come prepared. We love spring scarves, light cardigans, vests, etc.
It’s hot outside, but fear not. Here are some cool wardrobe tips to make sure your summer family photo session is a hit:
- Wear light fabrics that let you breath, but still look polished. It’s OK to show some skin, too. Shorts are good, as are tank tops.
- Really play up the summer accessory factor. I’m talking sun hats for the ladies and big sunglasses for all.
- You can even bring summer-appropriate props that complement your outfits. Maybe it’s a beach ball, balloons, giant lollipop or messy ice cream cone.
- Choose shoes that are comfortable and summery. Flip flops, loafers, open-toed pumps, even sweet sneakers on your kiddos.
Fall is all about bundling up in lots of layers, enjoying the shift from hot to cool, and soaking up the sun and autumn foliage. Here are a few tips for choosing outfits for your fall family session:
- Choose colors that won’t clash too much with the fall leaves. Instead, stick with a neutral palette with colors that blend seamlessly into autumn’s spectrum: earthy reds, burnt oranges, creamy nude, etc.
- Layer up! Don’t hesitate to throw on those scarves, cardigans, blazers or hats.
- Wear shoes that fit the season. Think riding boots or comfy, fur-lined boots. Loafers and flats can also work perfectly.
Winter’s cold, sure, but it makes for some seriously stunning photographs. Snowflakes, snowmen, white canvases, glittering icy trees? It’s a photographer’s veritable wonderland! Here’s how to dress to take advantage of that winter wonderland.
- There’s bound to be lots of white, so really punch things up with splashy colors. Think bright red, navy, yellow, green. Any color that really pops against white is a go.
- On that same note, don’t hesitate to play with prints. We love seeing gingham, polka dots, stripes, etc.
- Really bundle up and play up the winter factor. We love seeing fur-lined boots or hats, oversized chunky scarves, adorable gloves, etc.
- Do wear a couple layers underneath to ensure you stay warm. Double up on those socks and throw on some long johns, if you must!
Even though I’m primarily an Asheville Wedding and Engagement Photographer, I will travel for certain sessions. Contact me for more information.