What is Golden Hour?
So what is Golden Hour? (Sounds like a jeopardy answer!)
Well, it’s a pretty popular time of day for photographers to shoot. We’ll tell you what it is and why we prefer this time of day to others.
You may or may not have noticed that all of our open availability for sessions is in the evening before sunset. We do have some daytime sessions available, but we prefer to shoot in the hours leading up to sunset. This is called the ‘Golden Hour.’ During this time, the lighting is absolutely perfect.
- You get yummy light flares and beautiful soft light.
- There are no soft shadows or squinty eyes from the blinding sun at high noon.
- In the summer, the weather isn’t too hot, so you’re able to relax a little better knowing there isn’t sweat running down your face or making stains on your shirt.
- During Golden Hour, everything is warm and pretty and gives off a magical feeling.
- We can also get some sweet silhouette shots as the sun is going down on the horizon.